Another month has passed and I’m still feeling a little uninspired? I’ve even been sort of absent on my socials, which is… odd for me. I scroll and I scroll everyday and I’m just so bored of it all. Does anyone else get like that? In a matter of no time, I’m almost certain I’ll be back on my game and feeling involved again, but right now I feel a little floaty to say the least. Maybe there needs to be some change around here? I just don’t know. Anyway. April. April was fun. And here’s some of that.
Things that made me proud/happy/feel some kind of positive way:
- I finished my Harry Potter reread and almost immediately wanted to curl right back into this series again. It’s magic and it’s home.
- Seeing the always fabulous, always kind Harry Styles again at the London O2 was just fabulous.
- Oh, and did I mention I got inked that day, too?
- I had a great weekend filled with my uni chums, exploring London as always, having a few drinks, doing that dancing thing and feeling the most myself around them.
- Whilst on my London travels, I spotted a group of children huddled around a copy of the Philosopher’s Stone and may or may not have had heart failure. It was so perfect, with the two youngest peering over the oldest’s shoulder as he read allowed to them. Ugh. Magic.
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ was a thing that was finally watched. The soundtrack. The theatre. Zac freakin’ Efron and Zendaya. RIP, my musical theatre heart.
- On the topic of things I watched. Um… the ‘Jane the Virgin’ finale killed me and I am open for any and all discussions/crying about it. October needs to hurry the hell up.
- I booked not one but two holidays within a few days of each other. Prague is a thing that is happening in July with the uni entourage and I’m finally hitting up my Canadian babe, Natalie’s neck of the woods in September.
And onto the bookish wrap-up…
- ‘Clean’ by Juno Dawson
- ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ by J. K. Rowling ★★★★★
- ‘Women & Power’ by Mary Beard ★★★
- ‘Shadow & Bone’ by Leigh Bardugo ★★★
- ‘Skylarks’ by Karen Gregory ★★★★
- ‘Frat Girl’ by Kiley Roache ★★★★
- ‘Big Bones’ by Laura Dockrill ★★★
- ‘In Search of Us’ by Ava Dellaira (thanks to Hot Key Books!)
- ‘Big Bones’ by Laura Dockrill
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ by F. Scott. Fitzgerald
- ‘Frat Girl’ by Kiley Roache’